- Organizational Chart
- Professional Standards
- Support Bureau
- Traffic Unit
- Bike Patrol
- Canine Teams (K9)
- Communications Center
- Crime Analysis
- Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Humane Services
- Investigations Unit
- Narcotics Team
- Patrol Division
- Regional Air Support Program
- Regional SWAT Team
- Reserve Officer Program
- School Resource Officer
- Street Crime Attack Team (SCAT)
- Area Command Program
- Coffee with the Chief
- One on One with Chief Farrar
- Command Staff
- Community Liaison
The Area Commander Program is responsible for those areas which directly influence the quality of life for the residents and businesses in Rialto. In addition to enforcing the laws of our society, the Police Department believes it is equally important to maintain and develop positive relationships with all members of the community. The Area Commander Program is one of many innovative examples of the Rialto Police Department's "Commitment to Community."
The Rialto Police Department subscribes to the concepts of "evidence-based policing." "Evidence-based policing" is the use of the best available research on the outcomes of police work to implement guidelines and evaluate agencies, units, and officers. It suggests that just doing research is not enough and that proactive efforts are required to push accumulated research evidence into practice through national and community guidelines. These guidelines can then focus in-house evaluations on what works best across agencies, units, victims, and officers.
We also encourage you to use the technology related resources found on the Department's website to include; Coplogic (Online Reporting), OffenderWatch (Offender Tracking), CrimeMapping.com (Community Crime Stats), Nixle (Community Notification), and tip411 (Text Tips).
To receive emergency alerts and up to the minute weather warnings, please go to the CodeRed page and register now!
- Lieutenant Andy Karol is the Area Commander for Area #1
- Chris DeHesa is the Code Enforcement Officer for Area #1
- Lieutenant Kathy Thompson is the Area Commander for Area #2
- Teresa Hodge is the Code Enforcement Officer for Area #2
- Lieutenant William Wilson is the Area Commander for Area #3
- Helen Shepherd is the Code Enforcement Officer for Area #3
- Lieutenant James Kurkoske is the Area Commander for Area #4
- Juan Virgen is the Code Enforcement Officer for Area #4
Area Command Liaison Officer
The Area Command Meetings are now set for January and February 2014! For more information go to the Events Calendar on the home page.
Contact Rialto PD
In case of emergency or suspicious activity, Call 911
Address: 128 N. Willow Ave. Rialto, CA 92376
Non Emergency Line: 909-820-2550